As an experienced psychotherapist, I offer a warm and welcoming therapeutic atmosphere that fosters personal growth. Possessing a wide array of clinical interventions and experience, coupled with a wealth of personal experiences fosters my ability to helps patients reach their fullest potential.
I am a native Houstonian with with over 13 years of Behavioral Health Management experience in education and crisis intervention. I found my passion in Mental Health advocacy from my experience working with children in the education system and the foster care system. I currently preside on the Board of Directors for the National Alliance on Mental Illness-Greater Houston. My fellow board members and I have strived to create a community of individuals dedicated to spreading awareness on mental health.
With my practice serving in Katy, Texas, and Atlanta, Georgia, I have provided psychotherapy services for individuals and families while leading support groups for parents of teens struggling with depression. In addition, I have served on various panel discussions that lead to an increase of resources that have spread awareness on the necessity of mental health awareness.
I use an integrated counseling approach that combines Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) with Person-Centered Counseling—in addition, incorporating Dialectical Behavioral Therapy to combat Trauma. Our relationship is based on unconditional positive regard, empathy, and congruence.
The psychotherapy relationship is based on trust and understanding, which is imperative for healing to take place. The nature of our relationship will be a collaborative one where you and I will work together to accomplish your set goals.
- Bachelors of Art in Communication Studies – University of Houston
- Master of Business Administration and Management – LeTourneau University
- Master of Art in Counseling Education – Prairie View A&M
- PhD in Health Psychology – North Central University
- Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselor
- Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified School Counselor
- Advanced Clinical Trauma Practitioner
- National Board Certified Counselor
- American Counseling Association – ACA
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – NAMI
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Houston LPC Association